Carpet Cleaning Tips from Elite Cleaning Services
Posted on October 13, 2015 by adam in Carpet Cleaning
Carpets are one of the biggest purchases you make for your home and at this time of year, despite your best efforts, they bear the brunt of wet wintery weather trampled in on the bottom of shoes and paws. Not only that but as the festive season approaches the chances are food and drink will be spilt or ground into your carpets with alarming regularity!
So we’ve put together some top tips for ways you can keep your carpets looking and feeling fantastic and helping them last longer.
Carpet cleaning tips:
• Vacuum weekly to prevent the build-up of dirt that can damage carpet fibres.
• Take your time and go over each section several times to remove ground in dust and dirt.
• Remove mud by letting it dry then gently vacuuming off any excess. Gently tackle staining with a solution of warm water and washing up liquid. Sponge with cold water and dry with a clean white towel.
• Clean spills immediately – if you don’t have a dedicated cleaner, baking soda and salt are a great alternative but always test on a small area first.
• Never wipe a spot stain, blot instead and work from the outside in to avoid spreading.
Plan to do a deep clean of your carpet using professional cleaning equipment at least once every 12 months and if you have a light coloured carpet and/or dogs and children up this to 2 or 3 times a year to keep your home clean and welcoming.
Elite Cleaning offers carpet cleaner hire of a range of easy-to-use domestic and commercial carpet cleaners in Buxton and throughout the High Peak. We have a number of flexible carpet cleaner hire packages for you to choose from so get in touch on 07855 781 411 and tell us what you need.